Prices from: €122pp for Bronze – €200pp Silver
Duration: 3 hrs.
Available: Summer & autumn
● Good to know
It’s little wonder that the area is considered by many to be one of the most scenic in
Ireland and a magnet for Hill Walkers of all grades.
+ What we provide
A guide that will take you through the experience.
+ What to bring
Trousers, Walking Boots, Small Rucksack, Plenty of warm clothes, a waterproof jacket
& A Refillable Water Bottle.
+ Health & safety
The ethos of the centre is to offer fun and challenging activities in a safe and friendly
Bronze / Silver Gaisce Sample programme
Bronze Award / Silver Award:
● Bronze Award Minimum Walking Distance is 24 km
● Silver Award Minimum Walking Distance is 48 km
● The group will arrive at 9.30am on the first day and prepare a packed lunch,
ready for hill walking.
● The group will walk all day hopefully covering a distance of around 18 or 19
● We will then have a dinner at the centre and relax for a while
● At around 7pm the group will attend a classroom session where they will do
map reading and plan the route for the following day
● The group will have breakfast at the centre and then prepare themselves for
● In the morning we will hopefully cover the remaining distance required by
Gaisce for the Bronze award but for the Silver Award it will be a full days
walking with a packed lunch.
● Hot lunch at the centre for bronze award people only
● As a reward for covering the Bronze Award distance early we will let the
group do a multi activity session of their choice
● If doing a third day they will have dinner, an evening activity session and
Day 3 (Optional/Silver Award)
● The group stay another day and do a full days activities with a lunch and
depart at around 5 pm for home
● The Silver award people will do a mornings walking and then have a multi
activity session in the afternoon on the third day but only if the distance
has been covered
Trips range to suit you, get in touch for more information.
Click on the booking link to see availability.